- Certified Financial Planner
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
I have been a financial adviser since 1998 and became a partner of Hillross Blackburn in 2008. In 2014 I became the principal of my own Hillross practice and remain in Blackburn.
Having experienced all aspects of financial planning I most enjoy the retirement planning landscape for which I have specialised in since 2006.
Control your finances, control your life!
My experience is that; those in charge of their financial position as opposed to those whose financial position is in charge of them live happier, less stressful lives.
My retirement planning specialties include:
• Pre-retirement planning; which maps a clear pathway on the ‘how’ to get to the ‘where’ you want to be at retirement
• Post-retirement planning; which maps a personalised ‘risk mitigation’ strategy focused on outcomes that optimise the probability your retirement years are all you want them to be.
• Estate Planning; which incorporates legacy planning for loved ones and ensuring your assets go to the right people at the right time in the right way.
• Aged Care planning; which provides guidance on the process involved and advice on how best to financially structure yourself, if come the time, a move into aged care is required.
I hold the internationally recognised Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification from the Financial Planning Association (FPA) along with a Diploma of Financial Planning from Deakin University. I am a ‘Practitioner Member’ of the FPA.
I am married and kept busy with a young family.
Dean Avery's ideas of Financial Freedom
Having the financial capacity to act on choices in life and do the things that me and my family enjoy.